Sunday, July 12, 2015

Drive By Shootings...with a Canon!

Everytime I drive to Mineral Wells, I keep an eye out for the wonderful herd of Hereford cattle that are in a pasture at the base of 7 Mile Hill.  I have observed this herd for many years and have always thought I would stop on the side of the road and take a photo of the bull.  But, alas, I just keep on trucking.  That is until this past Saturday.  I was toodling along when I noticed that the hereford cows were not really visible from the road.  As I continued along, another sight caught my eye.  I had to laugh when I saw the following view.  I turned around, drove back to the spot, pulled over, and rolled my window down for the pic.
 
It was indeed a hot afternoon.  These girls knew how to keep cool!
As I turned onto my road, I pulled over again to take this pic of the resting longhorn!
 
Fun pics of Bovine Beauties!
Happiness!
 




4 comments:

  1. Love these kinds of drive by shootings! Learn to stop on a dime!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! you're part of the "U" turn crowd! I do that more times than I can count! Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I just couldn't resist the cows in the tank pic! They were definitely enjoying the water!

    ReplyDelete